The Queer Spirit Podcast
Nutrition & Mental Wellness
with Dr. Rehan Lakhani
Hear more episodes
Dr. Rehan Lakhani is a naturopathic doctor in Ontario, Canada. He focuses on treating mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression by reducing systemic inflammation and optimizing the gut-brain axis. His treatments address the root cause of illness and include diet and lifestyle changes, orthomolecular medicine, botanical medicine, and more.
- Dr. Rehan helps us understand the connection between our mental health, gut health, and nutrition.
- We talk about the ways that modern diets and lifestyle are detrimental to our overhealth, and steps we can take to improve it and reduce anxiety.
- Rehan shares about his own personal journey which led him to his own medicine practice.
- We explore how chronic stress and anxiety is directly tied to physical health.
- Rehan offers some simple steps to help increase awareness around what we eat and how we eat.
- We discuss how our work lives and environmental surroundings can also contribute to a variety of different conditions in our physical and mental health.
- He talks about the importance of spending time in nature and the connection with mental and physiological health.
Help us support the queer community & keep the podcast going – Support us on Patreon.
Grab your FREE Guide: The Self-Confident Queer – Download it here.
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.