The Queer Spirit Podcast
Acupuncture for Mind, Body & Spirit
with Lis Goldschmidt
Hear more episodes
Lis Goldschmidt is an acupuncturist and herbalist who has been practicing in San Francisco for ten years. She works with people with a wide variety of conditions and has advanced training in the treatment of Lyme Disease, hormone balancing, pre + post natal care and mental/spiritual issues. Lis approaches Chinese Medicine with the sensibility of an artist and activist.
- Lis tells us how she first got interested in acupuncture by being gifted a few treatments from a friend, and she noticed all the ways it benefited her.
- She gives us a brief overview of what acupuncture is and how it works – it comes from an ancient practice of Chinese medicine working with energies in the body.
- Lis shares how she approaches Chinese medicine from the perspective as an artist and activist, as well as the connection with the subtle energy bodies.
- How she used to work with more members of the queer community, and still sees her practice as queer despite the demographic change in San Francisco.
- The ways that she uses acupuncture to treat queer people, particularly folks in gender transition.
- Lis shares what she notices about the differences in energy patterns of queers and outsiders.
- How Chinese medicine works on an emotional and psychological level.
- We discuss the importance of self care in a world that asks us to work more and more.
- Lis comes out about honing her abilities for energy work in combination with acupuncture by touching clients feet.
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.