The Queer Spirit Podcast
Sexuality as a Source of Infinite Power
Hear more episodes
M’kali-Hashiki is a Renegade Sexual Mystic, a Tour Guide to the realm of Eros & a Teacher of Somatic Erotic Possibilities. She holds certifications in Sexological Bodywork, Sound, Voice & Music Healing and Tantric Sacred Intimacy. A published essayist, a former professional social justice organizer and an Ifa devoteé, she believes the sexual & the spiritual are irrevocably intertwined. Her politics, spirituality and lived experience as a queer, feminist, polyamourous, middle-aged, fat, kinky, Black Femme Dyke trauma survivor inform all aspects of her work.
She is the author of the popular ebook, Turn Your Junk Into Treasure: Five Steps to Deepening Your Relationship with Your Nethers. She offers both individual sessions & transformational group journeys helping QTIPOC & allied folk access their erotic energy for radical transformation fuel. She also offers Enstatic Breathwork™ for Collaboration & Employee Wellness to companies & social justice non-profits.
- M’kali-Hashiki discusses how she became a renegade sexual mystic early in life through discovering how to channel sexual energy to connect with universal flow.
- Deepening her connection to sexual energy through her studies with Joseph Kramer at the Body Electric school, and in Sexological Bodywork.
- She discusses the interconnectedness of sexuality and politics, and bringing in her renegade activism to that connection.
- M’kali-Hashiki teaches marginalized people to use sexuality to make space for joy through sex as a form of activism.
- “Oppression requires the repression of the erotic.” – Audre Lodre
- What happens when we lose connection to passion, and connecting with pleasure in the body instead of falling into the spell of consumerism.
- The 3 pillars of fierce passion – presence, pleasure and prayer; and the difference between the sensual, sexual and erotic.
- “Our sexuality is a source of infinite power and transformation.”
- Her specific work with fat, queer, black women and other marginalized people explores helping them take up space and find safety in their bodies.
- Erotic Breathwork for Women of Color : Oakland, CA Oct. 6 – 27
- Queer Eros: Embody, Enhance, Explore : Oakland, CA Dec. 15
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.