The Queer Spirit Podcast
Stirring Up Spiritual Atmosphere in Song
with Ron Ragin
Hear more episodes
- Ron tells the story of how he first discovered his love of music and voice as a child singing in church and the backseat of his family car.
- He shares more about the different music and singing technologies that came out of Black American churches, and his documentation of this into the Spiritual Technologies Project.
- Ron tells us how the Spiritual Technologies Project started and its mission to document and transmit unifying performative practices.
- We talk about the power of collective singing as a way of “stirring up the spiritual atmosphere.”
- He shares about his work facilitating vocal workshops with people who don’t consider themselves singers; and how healing it can be to empower your voice again.
- Ron discusses his upcoming solo show which concerns intimacy and physical touch between Black men, particularly in the context of families.
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.