The Queer Spirit Podcast
Stories of an Embodied Healing Journey
with Syd Yang
Hear more episodes
Syd Yang (they/them) is a mixed race queer/non binary healer, writer, intuitive artist and healing justice organizer who weaves together magic, prayer and intention as an energy healer in the world through their practice, Blue Jaguar Healing Arts. As someone who lives with depression and anxiety, and has recovered from eating disorders, their work finds its resonance in the stories we each hold at the intersection of memory, body, sexuality and mental health. Syd’s work is rooted in Buddhist practice, is liberation minded and trauma informed. Syd is based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Syd shares about the discovery of energy and spiritual healing work on their journey of recovering from bulimia.
- We explore the significance of understanding the human body as a whole energetic entity and how that concept ties into recovery.
- Syd describes their transformation from being healed to becoming a healer.
- They discuss their initiation into the role as a healing practitioner in New Orleans through a powerful vision.
- Syd talks about overcoming their personal judgements regarding energetic and spiritual healers.
- We discuss the power of sharing the stories held in our bodies. Tied into that is the exploration of the power of vulnerability through storytelling.
- They share how eating disorders and self harm can show up as imprints of trauma, and as reactions to what is happening in the world.
- We explore the importance of being present with how one feels about their body, positively and negatively, and the strength of not running away from those feelings.
- Syd shares about their meditation practice and how it helped them witness the state of their body and their healing process.
- They talk about their connection with animals and plants, and how it creates new possibilities about how they can view their body in relationship to the natural world.
- They reflect on their clients sharing that the healing work they do together has led to deep transformation in themselves and their relationships.
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.