The Queer Spirit Podcast
Erotic Embodied Activism
with Dr. Liam “Captain” Snowdon
Subscribe on your favorite platform: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Spotify
Hear more episodes
Dr. Liam “Captain” Snowdon lives uninvited on the territory of the Lekwungen and WSÁNEĆ peoples on Vancouver Island. Their background is in social justice, harm reduction, street outreach, sexological bodywork, performance art and poetry. Captain runs the Sex Positive Art and Recreation Centre in Victoria and co-teaches the Somatic Sex Educator Professional Training. They delight in teaching with the Institute for Sexual Education and Enlightenment, doing outreach for the Anti-Violence-Project at the University of Victoria. Currently, Captain uses the pronoun they/them, identifies as a genderqueer – queer radical faery- faggot witch, is in love with the ocean and facilitation for liberation — still loving it 30 years and counting.
- We discuss how Captain blends healing practices of sexuality and spirituality.
- Releasing shame from spiritual institutions and decolonizing the body.
- What it means to be an embodiment activist practicing in groups to heal and empower each other.
- ”How do we learn how to show up for difficult conversations and actually hear people?”
- The #metoo movement.
- Connecting to your desire and seeing it as beautiful and not dangerous.
- The importance of knowing our bodies ourselves before we ask others to connect with us.
- Sexological bodywork, communal erotic practice and other kinds of somatic sex education.
Captain’s web links
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.