The Queer Spirit Podcast
Queer Empowerment through Tarot
with Cassandra Snow
Listen & Subscribe on your favorite platform: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play
Hear more episodes
Cassandra Snow (they/them/she/her) is best-known for penning the Queering the Tarot book and a series of the same name, which was seen on Little Red Tarot. They’ve also written about tarot, witchcraft and theatre at Take Your Pills, QueerTarot.cards, and Howlround among others. Cassandra’s second book, Queering Your Craft: Witchcraft from the Margins, is coming out via Red Wheel/Weiser Publishing on November 1, 2020.
Cassandra has been reading tarot for over a decade, and operates out of Minneapolis, MN. Cassandra is normally stationed weekly at The Eye of Horus and twice a month at The Future. They also read regularly at The Haunted Basement’s Maker’s Fairs and special events. They’ve taught classes and workshops everywhere from colleges to sex stores, as well as at the more expected metaphysical stores and events.
Cassandra firmly believes that tarot and witchcraft should be accessible tools for anyone who wants to use them and works to make them approachable without making them seem fluffy. Humor, generosity and collaboration weave their way through all of Cassandra’s work. The work also comes from a radical, queer, sex-positive, fat-positive, anti-racist, feminist and Pagan point of view.
In Cassandra’s other life, she runs a queer theatre company called Gadfly Theatre Productions in Minneapolis.
- Cassandra shares about the importance of making tarot more approachable to all people.
- They share about their book “Queering the Tarot” and how it brings the queer perspective into divination.
- We explore what it was like to grow up queer in a Christian conservative community and how Cassandra found their liberation through witchcraft and tarot.
- Cassandra discusses the concept of a fluid god energy and how it manifests in the form it needs for the specific person.
- They talk about the importance of honesty, compassion, and empathy when it comes to tarot readings.
- Cassandra shares about the significance of empowerment through tarot.
- They talk about their new book, “Queering Your Craft: Witchcraft from the Margins.”
- Cassandra shares their favorite queer tarot decks:
– Next World Tarot
– The Numinous Tarot
– This Might Hurt Tarot
– Modern Witch Tarot
– The Fountain Tarot
- Find more info at Cassandra-Snow.com
- You can also find them on Instagram, Twitter, Patreon & FaceBook
Grab your FREE Guide – Needs, Boundaries & Self-Care for Queer Folks. Download it here.
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.