The Queer Spirit Podcast
Healing Magics of the Oppressed
with Chiron Armand
Listen & Subscribe on your favorite platform: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play
Hear more episodes
Chiron Armand, founder of Impact Shamanism, is a spirit-initiated shaman holding additional initiations in such New World traditions as Haitian Vodou, Brazilian Quimbanda, and the Unnamed Path. He is a trained hoodoo root doctor in the Southern Conjure tradition and is the author of Deliverance!: Hoodoo Spells of Uncrossing, Healing, and Protection and Clearing Spaces: Inspirational Techniques to Heal Your Home. He holds an MA in Performance Studies from New York University and a BA in Ritual Anthropology and Queer Studies from Hampshire College.
- Chiron shares how he first started his mystic path through herbalism & tarot, and then through the Unnamed Path tradition of shamanic witchcraft for men who love men.
- We talk about the variety of spiritual and healing traditions he has studied and practices, which lay a framework for the ways he supports his clients in their healing work.
- He tells us of his recent experiences with Dionysis as a guide to help him heal family and ancestral lineage.
- How he weaves his education and practice of performing arts into his ritual work.
- The way that folk magic is a magic of the oppressed and shamanic practice works to undo trauma – both are ideal to support the queer and POC communities.
- Chiron explains soul loss and how he practices soul-part retrieval as a significant part of his healing practice.
- He explains the differences between unbinding, uncrossing and cleansing work as a result of curses or other negatively intentioned spiritual attacks.
- Find Chiron at ImpactShamanism.com
- You can also find him on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
Grab your FREE Guide – Needs, Boundaries & Self-Care for Queer Folks. Download it here.
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.