The Queer Spirit Podcast
Dreams to Awaken the Queer Unconscious
with George Taxidis
Hear more episodes
George Taxidis (he/him) is a therapist working in private practice in east London, UK. He holds an MSc in Therapeutic Counseling from the University of Greenwich, which was integrative in orientation, and is in the final stages of a second training, this time in Jungian analysis with the British Jungian Analytic Association. In 2016, George co-founded the Queer Social Dreaming Matrix which now meets monthly to play with dreams in the queer community. He was also involved in creating the Queer Analytic Circle, a collective of psychoanalytic and Jungian practitioners who are interested in queer challenges to analytic theory and practice. George is an Associate Lecturer at Goldsmiths, University of London, where he teaches on introductory therapy courses and psychosocial studies, and regularly uses the social dreaming method with his students. The method brings together a number of his interests: spirituality, Jung, radical politics, queerness, creativity and imagination.
- We discuss spirituality, Jung, radical politics, queerness, creativity and imagination.
- We learn about George’s group the Queer Analytic Circle.
- George shares about his discovery of the power of dreams through the work of Carl Jung.
- George discusses the usefulness of keeping a dream journal.
- He talks about the formation of the Queer Social Dreaming Matrix.
- We explore the importance of creating safe space for queer people to share about their dreams and their associations with their dreams.
- George describes his spirituality as a sense of awe towards the unknown.
- George highlights the profound experience of dream sharing.
- We learn about George’s work to provide a supportive community for queer people in training for professional therapy, as well as receiving therapy.
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.