The Queer Spirit Podcast
Exploring Kabbalistic Tarot
with Mark Horn
Hear more episodes
Mark Horn is the author of “Tarot and the Gates of Light: A Kabbalistic Path to Liberation.” This innovative, spiritual workbook has won praise from two groups that don’t usually come together—rabbis and tarot experts.
Mark has been a life-long activist in the post-Stonewall LGBTQ movement, starting in 1970 as a member of both the Gay Liberation Front and the Gay Activist Alliance; as well as serving as chair of Gay & Lesbian Youth of New York. Over the years his activism and community service has included working as a peer counselor at the LGBTQ counseling center, Identity House; and serving on the board of directors of NewFest, New York City’s premier LGBTQ film festival.
He is the editor/writer of the Stonewall Seder liturgy, a ritual dinner celebrating Jewish LGBTQ Pride, which has been used and adapted by congregations around the United States, Europe and Australia.
Mark is probably the only person who has taught at the Readers Studio International Tarot Conference, the Jewish Theological Seminary and the Identity House Gay Men’s Conference.
He lives on the Upper West Side in New York City where he is available for private instruction and consultation.
- We discuss Mark’s book, Tarot and the Gates of Light: A Kabbalistic Path to Liberation.
- Mark shares about his spiritual journey from his days studying Buddhism in Japan to his work today teaching and doing tarot readings.
- He talks about his ways of working with his mysticism traditions as a path of queer liberation and wholeness.
- We learn about his creation of the Stonewall Seder and how it has grown and evolved over three decades.
- We explore the heroic journey archetype and how that applies to the queer community.
Help us support the queer community & keep the podcast going – Support us on Patreon.
Grab your FREE Guide: The Self-Confident Queer – Download it here.
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.