The Queer Spirit Podcast
Mystical Weaving of Sexuality & Spirituality
with Al Head & Shokti of Queer Spirit Festival
Subscribe on your favorite platform: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Spotify
Hear more episodes
The Queer Spirit Festival is a five day celebration of the love, passion and creative spirit of the LGBTQ+ community. Now in it’s third year, the festival will be held August 14-18, in Northamptonshire, England.
Al Head is a pagan energy worker who has been an lgbt activist and organiser since the early 1980s, as well as a peace, environmental and inclusion activist. They are also the author of “Queer Deity, Sacred Slut.”
Shokti is a spiritual activist and Faerie Witch. He is one of the crew who worked to birth Folleterre Radical Faerie Sanctuary in France and who brought Faerie gatherings to the UK in 2006. Shokti is the workshop programmer for the Queer Spirit Festival, bringing together dozens of facilitators and activists working on the cutting edge of queer community and consciousness.
- Shokti shares how his HIV diagnosis lead him to explore spirituality and through this path connected with his current community.
- Al tells the story of their spiritual journey from radical Christianity to exploring the intersection of sexuality, spirituality and politics, leading them to paganism.
- They share how the Queer Spirit festival first began as an idea out of Queer Pagan Camp, as a way of bringing different tribes of queer spiritual folks together.
- They describe what it’s like to attend the QS festival, what kind of workshops are scheduled and the different rituals and ceremonies which are offered.
- Shokti shares more of his ideas about the reclaiming of queer mystical power, and the weaving together of sexuality and spirituality.
- Al talks about how they use sex magic to help heal the land and brings these practices to the festival for restoring the energy of the earth.
- We discuss how learning about consent with people can improve our relationship to the earth.
- Queer Spirit Festival – Northamptonshire, England: August 14-18, 2019
- Find Queer Spirit Festival on FaceBook, Instagram & Twitter
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.