The Queer Spirit Podcast
Queers with Cancer – Part 2
with Lance Moore
Hear more episodes
- Lance shares how he first learned about his diagnosis of colon cancer that came out of the blue.
- His first few days of surgery recovery in the hospital and then immediately starting his course of chemotherapy.
- The challenges of dealing with the side effects of chemotherapy and navigating life in this new way.
- Nick and Lance discuss the difficulty of mental focus and concentration as a result of the fogginess of “chemo brain.”
- They share different spiritual and meditation practices that were helpful, such as guided meditation; as well as the different kinds of music that felt supportive.
- Lance talks about the different kinds of herbal and alternative medicines which helped him, such as CBD products, acupuncture and physical therapy.
- They answer listener questions:
– What were your first thoughts after your diagnosis?
– Did this experience change your ideas about death or the afterlife?
– What support was most helpful from others?
- Lance shares about the upcoming South Bay Day of Transgender Visibility in San Jose, CA.
Web links & Resources
- South Bay Day of Transgender Visibility, San Jose, CA. March 30th. Come celebrate ten years of visibility!
- National LGBT Cancer Network
- National LGBT Cancer Project
- LotsaHelpingHands.com – a free site to organize support for people in need.
- CancerCare.com – LGBTQ resources
- article – “Cancer Care Has A Long Way To Go To Meet LGBTQ Patients’ Needs “
- article – “LGBT Cancer Survivors Need Targeted Support “
- Kara – mindfulness meditations designed to support people affected by cancer.
- Here’s a guided mediation for cancer patients from Kaiser Hospital.
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.