The Queer Spirit Podcast
Revolutionary Healing & Alchemy of Spirit
with Gerri Ravyn Stanfield
Subscribe on your favorite platform: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Spotify
Hear more episodes
Gerri Ravyn Stanfield, LAc. is the author of Revolution of the Spirit: Awaken the Healer, a guide to liberate the healing super powers within each of us. Her fiction and essays have been published in The Rumpus, Manifest Station, and others. She is the executive director of Acupuncturists Without Borders, a nonprofit organization providing trauma relief in the wake of natural disaster and human conflict. She designs trainings for emerging leaders and healers in the US, Canada, Europe, Nepal, Israel/Palestine, and Australia.
Ravyn uses her background in trauma recovery, neurobiology, psychology, writing and performance to coax more of the extraordinary into the world through the cracks in Western civilization. She has a private acupuncture practice in Portland, Oregon.
- Ravyn talks about how her experiences of illness lead her on the path of becoming a healer.
- She discusses her inspiration for her book, “Revolution of the Spirit,” as a way to record and remember alternative forms of healing.
- The connection of spirituality to medicine and other forms of healing.
- Exploring the ways that ancient healing practices, such as Chinese medicine and Ayurveda, have maintained their spiritual aspects.
- What it means to be a healer, and who can be a healer = “to make whole” by simply doing your thing.
- Exploring the concept of being a “global revolutionary healer” with your own soul fire.
- We discuss what is ailing our culture at large now – the interlocking systems of oppression and the greedy residue of colonization; and healing this by turning back towards the sacred.
- Alchemy as the art of change and transformation, and using it personally and globally.
- Bringing the power of alchemy to heal the queer communities.
- Taking a holy risk and moving toward what scares you.
Events Fall/Winter 2018
- October 7-12, World Changing Leadership Retreat: Disaster Relief and Trauma Informed Care for Modern Times :
Acupuncturists Without Borders – Calistoga, CA
- Dec 1-2, Find Your Voice, Restore Your Life : with Suzanne Sterling – Portland, OR
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.