The Queer Spirit Podcast
Storytelling through the AIDS Epidemic
with Ed Wolf
Subscribe on your favorite platform: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | Spotify
Hear more episodes
Ed Wolf has been working continuously in the HIV/AIDS epidemic since 1983, as chronicled in the award-winning documentary We Were Here. He has developed HIV-related curriculum and trainings for a large number of national and international organizations and institutions, including the California State Office of AIDS, the Shanti Project of San Francisco, UCSF AIDS Health Project and the AIDS Healthcare Foundation in Los Angeles. He’s facilitated trainings for counselors working in clinical trials in Lima, Peru as well as South Africa, Uganda and Zimbabwe. His stories and articles have appeared in a wide variety of publications, including Christopher Street, the James White Review and Prentice Hall’s Discovering Literature. Ed has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize and was awarded the HIV National Educator of Year Award from thebody.com .
- Ed shares how he became a story teller by learning from his mothers skill to do so, and how he began to weave that skill into his work as an AIDS activist in the early years of the epidemic.
- Ed was a volunteer supporting people with AIDS very early in the 80’s, and took leadership and training roles. He shares some stories about what it was like in the early days of AIDS.
- He has traveled to South America, Africa and Russia, offering training in AIDS prevention and healthcare; as well as gay rights activism.
- He shares a story about visiting Lima, Peru to help people who were part of the first clinical trial of PrEP/Truvada.
- His blending of spirituality with activism, and using the support of a higher power to help others through challenging times.
- His one-man stage shows touring the US, telling stories of his life as a gay activist.
- Find more at EdWolf.net
- Find Ed on FaceBook
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.