The Queer Spirit Podcast
Bridging the Gap in Queer Medical Care
with Kerin Berger
Hear more episodes
- KB explains what a Physician Assistant (PA) is and how it’s different from a doctor or a nurse.
- She shares how she got interested in medicine by being interested in science.
- KB talks about her podcast “Queer Meducation” and her inspiration to start it to bridge the medical and queer communities.
- She felt like her medical education didn’t prepare her to work her best with the sexual health of queer folks.
- Later on she was invited to come give a presentation on queer health to medical professionals, and this gave her insight to the level of ignorance and inspired her to do more.
- She shares ideas about how queer folks can find queer and friendly medical practitioners.
- KB shares tells us what kinds of health issues queer folks might be overlooking and encourages us to pay a bit more attention to.
Join the Queer Spirit Community Facebook group to continue the conversation and stay up to date on new episodes.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.