The Queer Spirit Podcast
The Magic of Gender Exploration
with Rae McDaniel
Hear more episodes
Rae McDaniel (they/them) is a non-binary speaker, author, therapist, Certified Sex Therapist, coach and Transgender Diversity & Inclusion Educator. Rae helps audiences gain the sheer audacity to be themselves in the world through play, pleasure, and possibility.
Their book Gender Magic is a first-of-its-kind practical guide to achieving gender freedom with joy, curiosity, and pleasure for transgender and non-binary individuals, gender explorers, and those who love them.
Rae is also the founder and CEO of Practical Audacity, a Gender & Sex Therapy practice in Chicago, serving over 300 clients yearly.
- During our shared time we explore what it means to be in flow with the unfolding journey of gender.
- Rae shares that coming out to their family took a couple of years – they were blessed and lucky to have built a supportive strong queer community prior to coming out.
- They share with us how pandemic quarantine removed a lot of the external barriers trans people navigate on the daily. During this time, Rae honored their trans identity by getting top surgery and working more deeply with testosterone injections.
- Rae drops some queer wisdom nuggets: How do we connect to ourselves, to each other? How do we bring more pleasure + joy + play into our lives right now even while holding all the heavy stuff?
- In their new book, Gender Magic, Rae poses that we position gender exploration and transition as just another part of self growth.
- Rae shares an excerpt from their book with us and it’s filled with such yummy nuggets of queer wisdom.
- Pleasure + Joy + Play remain integral ingredients of their growth.
Join the private Queer Spirit Community to continue the conversation and connect with other listeners.
Join us for First Saturday’s FREE meditation & breath work circles online.
Grab your FREE Mini-Course: The Self-Confident Queer – start here.
Join our mailing list to get news and podcast updates sent directly to you.